Chile: the Making-up
Tuesday, 06 April 2010 03:26 Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 May 2010 23:50Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
- The mysterious beauty of Easter Island
- Our 4 days in the national park “Torres del Paine” in Chile. We loved the trekking there and the landscapes, marvelous.
- Santiago city center. We liked seeing the main place and its monuments.
- Huavina. We loved having the opportunity to share the daily life of the people from Huavina.
Chile flagNormal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
We didn’t like:
- Having an “Irish weather” in Easter Island! We were wakening up in the middle of the night by the heavy rain. All the week we had rain showers! It remained us our beloved Ireland.
- To be thrown away, on the ground, by the strong wind in “Torres del Paine”. I even broke my glasses…
- Say good bye to South America. We will come back, for sure.
Sounds like an old western movie!
Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
- Delphine’s : Friday the 26th of March, the sunset in the Pacific Ocean behind the “Moai”! The colors of thesky, the clouds… It was a magical moment.
- Max’s : Not easy to choose one! So I would say two best memories. The first, our stay in Curico with Margarita, unforgettable family moments. The second one, Easter Island. The a unique place in the world. And if I could say a third one I would say the first time (of my life) I swam into the Pacific Ocean with a Bolivian who was seeing the ocean for the first time! We were like two children playing in the waves.
- Delphine’s: Our afternoon with “Don Juvenal”, a Huavina citizen. A lot of people wanted us to meet him. So we knocked at his door! He was working but he offered us something to drink and we spent two hours talking about a lot for things: his philosophy of life, his meeting with Charles de Gaulle and François Mitterand, his desire to learn French even if he is 70!
- Max’s: Huavina. The village gave us a lot of things.
People from Huavina, always smiling!Normal 0 21 false false false FR X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
It made us laugh:
- Hear Margarita’s brother saying some bad words in French!
It didn’t make us laugh!
- To wake up at 4AM to tidy up the tent in the dark and walk for more than 6 hours in Torres del Paine to get our bus.
- Sleep 2 nights in an airport terminal in one week!
- To be woke up by our tent neighbors very early because they were talking too loud and even singing.
We were surprised by:
- The “repliqua”. After the earthquake, and during 6 months, people will still feel “mini-earthquake” and we lived 3 of them. Scaring!
One of the numerous sunset we've seen in Chile